Embarking on an IKEA bathroom upgrade can be an exciting adventure that allows you to transform your space into a stylish, functional, and efficient environment. This journey will take you through understanding various IKEA bathroom products, designing an ideal layout, selecting the perfect cabinets and fixtures, and ultimately installing the new additions to your bathroom. Get ready to create the bathroom of your dreams with the help of these insightful tips and guidelines.
Understanding IKEA bathroom products
IKEA, a well-known brand for its ready-to-assemble furniture and home accessories, offers a wide range of options for bathroom upgrades. From furniture to fixtures and accessories, IKEA’s products can help you create a stylish and functional bathroom space. In this guide, we will discuss the different types and styles of IKEA bathroom products so you can choose the best option for your needs and preferences.
Step 1: Get to Know IKEA Bathroom Furniture
- Bathroom Vanities: These combine a washbasin and storage space in one unit. Available in different sizes and designs, you can choose a vanity that perfectly suits your bathroom space and style. Some popular IKEA bathroom vanities are GODMORGON, HEMNES, and ENHET.
- Bathroom Cabinets and Shelving Units: Keep your bathroom essentials organized with cabinets and shelves. IKEA offers options such as the tall LILLÅNGEN cabinet, the compact DYNAN shelving unit, and the stylish RÅGRUND bamboo shelves.
- Bathroom Mirrors: Enhance your bathroom’s lighting and create a sense of space with an IKEA mirror. Choices include the STORJORM mirror with built-in LED lights, the LANGESUND mirror with a simple design, and the LILLÅNGEN mirror with shelves for extra storage.
Step 2: Explore IKEA Bathroom Fixtures
- Faucets and Taps: Enhance your bathroom’s aesthetic with IKEA’s variety of faucets and taps available in modern and minimalist styles. DALSKÄR and BROGRUND are popular choices known for their sleek design and water-saving features.
- Showerheads and Hand Showers: Improve your shower experience with IKEA’s range of showerheads and hand showers. The VOXNAN, TISKEN, and VALLAMOSSE models offer different spray modes, water-efficiency, and designs to fit your preferences.
Step 3: Accessorize with IKEA Bathroom Accessories
Complete your bathroom upgrade with functional and stylish accessories offered by IKEA.
- Towel Rails and Hooks: Keep your towels organized and within reach with a variety of towel rail and hook options. Try the sleek VARIERA rail, the multi-purpose BROGRUND hook, or the classic BOLMEN design to match your bathroom’s theme.
- Soap Dispensers and Dishes: House your soap in a sleek and functional dispenser or dish available in a variety of styles like the EKOLN dispenser or the minimalist DRAGAN soap box.
- Storage Accessories: Organize your bathroom essentials with IKEA’s range of storage products like the colorful IMMELN shower caddy, the STUGVIK suction cup storage, and the GODMORGON plastic storage box set.
- Bath Mats and Curtains: Add a touch of comfort and style with IKEA’s range of bath mats and shower curtains. Options include TOFTBO memory foam bath mats and Patterned NÄCKTEN shower curtains.
With a wide range of IKEA bathroom products, it’s easy to find the perfect combination of items to upgrade your bathroom. By understanding the different types and styles available, you can create a stylish and functional space that meets your needs and preferences. So go ahead, start exploring, and transform your bathroom with IKEA!
Planning your bathroom layout
1. Measure your bathroom space:
- Using a tape measure, measure the length, width, and height of your bathroom and note down the dimensions in inches. Be sure to measure from wall to wall and floor to ceiling.
- Measure the location and size of windows, doors, and any permanent fixtures (such as a radiator or heating vent) in the bathroom. Record their dimensions and their distance from the nearest wall.
- Create a sketch of your bathroom layout, including all measurements, to use as a reference when planning the new layout.
2. Determine the essential elements:
- Make a list of the key elements that you need to include in your bathroom, such as the toilet, sink, shower/tub, and storage.
- Consider the requirements and preferences of your household to determine if you need additional features, such as a double vanity, extra storage, or a separate water closet for the toilet.
3. Review product dimensions:
- Visit the IKEA website or visit their store to explore their bathroom products and identify the ones you want to incorporate in your bathroom renovation.
- Make a note of the dimensions of these products to ensure they will fit in your bathroom space.
4. Plan the placement of major elements:
- Determine the most sensible locations for your toilet, sink, and shower/tub based on your bathroom’s measurements and the size of your chosen IKEA products.
- Consider the existing plumbing connections when deciding on the location of your bathroom elements. Plumbing adjustments can add to the cost and complexity of your bathroom renovation.
- Ensure there will be enough clearance and circulation space between the elements you plan on installing.
5. Plan for storage:
- Take note of the storage products available from IKEA, such as shelves, cabinets, and organizers, and consider how these can be incorporated into your bathroom layout.
- Review your storage needs and create a list of specific types of items, like toiletries, towels, and cleaning supplies, that you want to store in your bathroom.
- Choose storage solutions that maximize the use of vertical space as well as those that can be integrated into the existing layout, such as under-sink cabinets or over-the-toilet shelves.
6. Design your bathroom layout:
- Using your bathroom sketch as a reference, draw your new bathroom layout with the placement of your chosen IKEA products, making sure they will fit in the allotted space.
- If necessary, use an online bathroom planner or consult an IKEA bathroom planning expert to help you visualize your layout and make any necessary adjustments.
7. Review your layout for practicality:
- Check that the layout allows for easy movement within the bathroom and that the arrangement of elements meets the needs and preferences of your household.
- Confirm that your layout is compliant with safety and building codes in your area. Consult a professional contractor if necessary.
Choosing the right IKEA bathroom cabinets and storage
Upgrading your bathroom can be an exciting yet daunting task, especially when it comes to selecting the right cabinets and storage solutions. IKEA offers a variety of affordable, functional, and stylish products designed to cater to different tastes and requirements. This guide aims to help you explore the different IKEA bathroom cabinets, shelves, and vanities and understand their storage capacities, styles, and materials to select the best fit for your bathroom upgrade.
Step 1: Assess your storage needs
- Take inventory of the items you plan to store in your bathroom, such as towels, toiletries, brushes, and cleaning supplies.
- Consider categorizing items by their use, such as daily essentials, occasional use, and long-term storage.
- Determine the ideal storage capacity and allotted space based on your requirements.
Step 2: Explore the variety of IKEA bathroom cabinets and storage options
- Visit the IKEA website or store to browse their bathroom storage offerings, which include wall cabinets, high cabinets, mirror cabinets, vanities, and open shelving units.
- Familiarize yourself with their different product lines, such as GODMORGON, SILVERÅN, LILLÅNGEN, and HEMNES.
- Look out for multifunctional storage solutions, such as vanities with large pull-out drawers or wall cabinets with mirrored doors.
Step 3: Understand the storage capacities of various IKEA bathroom cabinets and storages
- Take note of the dimensions, storage space, and features of each product that catches your attention.
- Utilize IKEA’s product descriptions, customer reviews, and assembly instructions to gain insights into the functionalities of different storage options.
- Compare the storage capacities of different products and narrow down your options to reach a final decision.
Step 4: Choose a style that complements your bathroom aesthetics
- Determine your preferred style for the bathroom upgrade, whether it’s modern, traditional, minimalist, or rustic.
- Select storage solutions that align with your bathroom’s overall design theme, and consider color, material, and hardware options.
- Look for customizable products that allow for personalization, such as changeable handles or doors, to better suit your bathroom’s aesthetics.
Step 5: Consider the materials and durability
- Educate yourself on the materials used in IKEA bathroom cabinets and storage, such as particleboard, medium-density fiberboard (MDF), solid wood, metal, and glass.
- Evaluate the durability and water-resistance of the materials, as bathrooms are moisture-prone areas.
- Opt for materials that balance aesthetics with functionality while meeting your budget.
Step 6: Plan for installation
- Check the compatibility of your chosen storage solutions with existing plumbing and fixtures.
- Decide whether to install the cabinets and storage yourself or hire a professional for assistance – IKEA offers assembly and installation services as well.
- Ensure you have the necessary tools and follow IKEA’s assembly instructions. Seek help if needed.
Selecting the right IKEA bathroom cabinets and storage requires a comprehensive evaluation of your storage needs, understanding the available product options, and considering style preferences and material durability. Armed with this knowledge, you can confidently curate the perfect bathroom upgrade tailored to your lifestyle and aesthetics.